INTEGRITY in Performance

RESULTS-DRIVEN Divorce Attorneys

HomeChild Custody → Parental Alienation

Learn How to Take Legal Action to Stop Parental Alienation

Divorce is an emotionally trying time for both parents and children. The difficulty of a divorce is made worse when one parent tries to “poison” their children against the other parent. This is known as parental alienation, and there are legal actions you can take to stop this destructive behavior.

What is Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS)?

Parental Alienation Syndrome (also known as PAS) is a mental health issue and is a medically recognized disorder. PAS occurs when one parent regularly belittles and insults the other parent without justification. It causes unnecessary estrangement of a child from the parent and causes emotional distress for both the child and the parent. Parental Alienation Syndrome is often seen in custody disputes where the custodial parent attempts to prevent a child from spending time with the other parent, or when a parent says or does things that make the child fearful that the other parent will hurt him or her. Our experienced Calabasas and Beverly Hills family law attorneys are familiar with this family law and divorce issue and we can take legal actions to help prevent it from happening to your child.

Legal Options in Parental Alienation Cases

Family courts in California do not take kindly to allegations of parental alienation – especially because this type of mental abuse can cause long-term issues with the relationship you have with your child. Experienced family and divorce lawyers can use legal strategies to help put a stop to this destructive behavior, including:

  • Getting a custody evaluation to help prove the allegations
  • Getting a court order to stop alienation
  • Getting a court sanction against the offending parent
  • Requesting the presence of a third party during visitation

Our attorneys act with the best interests of your children in mind. You do not have to suffer the emotional toll that alienation takes on you and your children.

Call for a Consultation With a Los Angeles County or Ventura County Child Alienation Dispute Lawyer

At Feinberg & Waller, APC our attorneys have decades of experience practicing in all areas of family law, and we can help in cases where parents are playing on their children’s emotions.

If you feel like your children are being turned against you, contact our parental alienation and divorce lawyers online or call 818-224-7900 to schedule an initial consultation.