At Feinberg & Waller, APC, our current divorce attorneys in Beverly Hills have more than 150 years of combined legal experence helping clients navigate their divorces with satisfactory results. From complex asset division to child custody and support orders, our divorce lawyers will work to create an effective case strategy that helps you achieve the outcome you desire.
Divorce is never easy. Such a personal and complex legal process requires the counsel of an attorney who can protect your interests, get the best possible results, and provide the support you need every step of the way. Our team at Feinberg & Waller, APC, offers just that.
How Our Divorce Attorneys in Beverly Hills Can Help
Our local divorce lawyers are experienced in all types of complex divorce issues, including:
- Child Custody
- International Divorce
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Spousal Support
- Property & Debt Division
- Post-Divorce Modifications
- Prenuptial Agreement
When Should I Hire a Divorce Attorney?
Hiring a divorce attorney sometimes feels like a final step for couples on the precipice of divorce. However, choosing to speak to a legal advocate early does not mean you have to file right away. Speaking with a lawyer can help provide you with the information you need to better prepare you for the next step in your married life, whether that means seeing a counselor, pursuing a separation, or filing for divorce.
Whether you are just beginning to consider the merits of a divorce, or your spouse surprised you by filing for divorce on their own, it is always best to contact an attorney at the first sign of trouble. To ensure you have reliable legal counsel from the get-go, you should confer with a divorce attorney as soon as the possibility of a divorce becomes real.
Speaking with an experienced attorney early on in the divorce process can help ensure you have the correct information about the divorce process in your area.
A divorce lawyer can inform you of your rights and advise you on how to:
- Best protect your assets
- Prepare your children
- Gather the appropriate documentation
- Solidify your financial position
You can ask your attorney any questions you might have about the cost, the legal process, the potential impact on your business, your children’s living situation, your finances, and so on. By tackling these types of concerns head-on, you can better equip yourself for the divorce process and eliminate those worries before they make this already difficult situation even more challenging.
Get Started With Our Beverly Hills Divorce Lawyers
If you’re ready to get started, our firm is here to help. With more than 150 years of combined legal experience, our team of Beverly Hills divorce lawyers has the knowledge necessary to help you through this difficult time. Whatever stage you’re at in the divorce process, we can come alongside you and offer our support and legal counsel.
Not sure what to do next? Get in touch with our Beverly Hills divorce attorneys and call (310) 945-2727 today.
Directions to Our Beverly Hills Office
440 Santa Monica Blvd #301
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
The Divorce Process: What to Expect for Your Divorce in Beverly Hills
Every divorce is different, so it is not possible to know exactly what to expect for your divorce without consulting a Beverly Hills divorce attorney and discussing the details of your case; however, the divorce process follows a basic structure.
Here are the main steps of how to file for divorce in California:
- File for Divorce & Pay the Fees – You can either pick up a divorce packet from the court clerk, or download them online. Fill out all required paperwork (it's highly recommended that you have a lawyer to assist you) and return them to the court clerk. You must pay the required fees to file the papers and receive copies.
- https://prnt.sc/zQ9UkF0r_4lO – Once you've filed for divorce, copies of the divorce papers, or "Petition and Summons," must be served to your spouse. The person who filed the divorce papers cannot do it themselves. Rather, it can be done by either a process server, a Sheriff's Deputy, or by a trusted individual who is at least 18 years old. Once your spouse has been served, the person who served them must file the proper "Proofs of Service" paperwork with the court.
- Response to the Divorce Summons – After divorce papers have been served, the recipient or "Respondent" must file a response with the court within 30 days.
Discovery – After divorce papers have been filed, but before going to court (or alternatives to court), both parties must disclose information and documents relating to assets, property, and anything else that is necessary to prepare for negotiations and/or trial.
- Mediation and/or Litigation – Some uncontested divorce cases can be resolved out of court through mediation, collaborative law, or alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Contested cases will need to be litigated in court so that a judge can make the final decisions on the division of assets, child custody, support, etc.
- Your Divorce is Finalized – Once all matters are decided, either through mutual agreement or by a judge, the divorce can be finalized. This is done by a judge, who must approve and sign the final judgment.
Alternatives to Divorce Court
Not all divorces must go to court. Some divorces can be achieved out-of-court through alternatives to trial, such as mediation, collaborative law, or alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Call Our Beverly Hills Family Lawyer – (310) 945-2727
Feinberg & Waller, APC, is a recognized and respected divorce law firm in Beverly Hills. You can trust our family law team to handle your case with discretion, care, and professionalism. We are experienced with high-asset divorce matters, including division of businesses and pensions, and are prepared to keep you informed throughout the course of your divorce process.
"Capable, attentive, and effective attorneys and staff who have gone above and beyond for our family! Superior expertise and strategy from Adina Rosenfeld and Marshall W. Waller."Verified Client Review
"The people of Feinberg & Waller, APC are consummate experts and truly care about their clients. While the topic is difficult and emotionally charged, they were able to explain things in terms that are easy to follow, ethically and reasonably motivated."Verified Client Posted Review
Marshall is a trusted advisor and delivers exceptional, quality service.Verified Business Referral Source