Calabasas Separation Attorneys
Legal Separation in Los Angeles & Ventura County
Legal separation won’t dissolve your marriage in the eyes of the California courts, but there are still many advantages to filing a separation agreement. As a legal matter, a separation allows your attorneys to begin the process of marital property division during the mandatory six-month waiting period prior to the final divorce decree.
A legal separation may allow spouses to continue to take advantage of health care and tax benefits enjoyed by married couples. For long-term marriages where neither party expects to remarry, a separation may be an excellent option.
If divorce is not your ultimate objective, legal separation protects your rights throughout the process of setting support and dividing marital property.
Benefits of a Well-Drafted Legal Separation Agreement
The benefits of a separation agreement include:
- You may retain certain benefits of a married couple, including health insurance benefits.
- You can protect your rights in all matters relating to alimony, child custody, and child support.
- You may include provisions restricting access to joint checking, savings, and credit card accounts.
- You may protect yourself from any debt incurred by your spouse during the waiting period prior to your divorce becoming final.
- Your separation agreement may include specific items relating to mortgage payments, home maintenance, and use.
If you are separating from your spouse, considering a divorce, or want to learn more about the benefits of legal separation, find out how we can help you draft a separation agreement that is right for you.
Contact us today at (866) 463-3852
We have offices in Beverly Hills, Calabasas & Westlake Village.
A Reputation for Excellence
"Capable, attentive, and effective attorneys and staff who have gone above and beyond for our family! Superior expertise and strategy from Adina Rosenfeld and Marshall W. Waller."Verified Client Review
"The people of Feinberg & Waller, APC are consummate experts and truly care about their clients. While the topic is difficult and emotionally charged, they were able to explain things in terms that are easy to follow, ethically and reasonably motivated."Verified Client Posted Review
Marshall is a trusted advisor and delivers exceptional, quality service.Verified Business Referral Source