Modification of Visitation - Feinberg & Waller, APC

"A lot of people who get a divorce believe once the custody orders are in place, no matter how young the child, that is how it has to be for the rest of their minority until they turn 18. That is not the case. Child custody, timeshare, access, visitation is sometimes what they call it. Those are concepts that are subject to modification as circumstances develop, as circumstances require. If you get a divorce when your child is an infant, the access, the timeshare plan for an infant is completely different than a timeshare plan for a kid who is 10 or 12 years old and a child who is 10 or 12 years old may be appropriate to have one kind of visitation plan that is completely inappropriate for a child who is 16 years old. So the way you change it is you ask the other parent, "Will you work with me so we can come up with a more workable plan for our kids so that I can see them a lot and you can see them a lot and their best interests are protected?" If they say no, you can hire a family law attorney. If you can not afford a family law attorney, you can go to the self-help center at the court and you can prepare the paperwork and get in front of a judge., explain the situation to a judge and ask for a change in time schedule."

Share this video on these sites.