You Can Take Legal Action to Stop Parental Alienation

Divorce is an emotionally trying time for both parents and children. The difficulty is only compounded when one parent attempts to "poison" their children against the other parent. This is known as parental alienation, and there are legal actions that can be taken to help stop this destructive behavior. At Feinberg & Waller, APC, our attorneys have decades of experience practicing in all areas of family law, and we can help in cases where parents are playing on their children's emotions.

If you feel like your children are being turned against you, contact our parental alienation and divorce lawyers online or call 818-224-7900 to schedule an initial consultation.

Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) is a Medical Diagnosis

PAS is a medically recognized disorder. It occurs when one parent, on an ongoing basis, belittles and insults the other parent without justification. It is estrangement of a child from a parent. It is seen in cases where the custodial parent attempts to prevent a child from spending time with the other parent, or where a parent says or does things that make the child fearful that the other parent will harm him or her. Our experienced Calabasas family law attorneys are familiar with this dynamic and we can take actions to prevent it.

Legal Options in Parental Alienation Cases

The courts do not take kindly to allegations of alienation. The lawyers at Feinberg & Waller, APC, can employ legal means to help put a stop to this destructive behavior, including:

  • Getting a custody evaluation to help prove the allegations
  • Getting a court order to stop alienation
  • Getting a court sanction against the offending parent
  • Requesting the presence of a third party during visitation

Our attorneys act with the best interests of your children in mind. You do not have to suffer the emotional toll that alienation takes on you and your children.

Call for a Consultation With a Los Angeles County or Ventura County Child Alienation Dispute Lawyer

If you feel your children are the victims of alienation, call 818-224-7900 to schedule a initial consultation.